Light ELF Ainol ELF 2 Android ROM
Light ELF 2.2 ROM for the Ainol ELF 2
This rom aims at one goal, that goal is stability, with stability comes reliability, less need to update and minimal non-system breaking bugs if present.
What I have done is slim lined the rom using various methods and sources to make a reliable system for the ELF 2 tablet I hope that you can enjoy this rom as many others have.
Changelog:Version 2.2 CURRENT
- Updated Upstream sources from Google
- Apex Updated and aligned for faster access time
- Cherry picked more Jelly Bean commits and back ported to ICS 4.0.4
- QuickPic Updated
- YouTube HD working perfect
- ES File Manager Updated
- Market Enabler Updated
- Flash updated to 11 and works reliable as of this post
- Spoof Version to Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Removed Android Exchange and Mail
- Implemented K9 Mail a better solution
- Updated Hosts file for ad blocking
- Google Market/Play updated
- Hardware Accelerated MX Player introduced
- Netflix Black Edition works with this version.
- Updated GPU Drivers
- Updated Kernel removed over 1725KB of junk….
- ROM performance is passing all of Christian Troys CM9 CM10 and so on by a mile..
- This version handles games very well and is benchmarking 8041 to 8301 on my ELF 2
- Original Public Release
- Based on 0717 kernel compile
- 8132* Antutu out of box rating
- Based on 0717 kernel compile
- You can upgrade to this rom from stock firmware or darkelf
- Zip Aligned
- Wireless power adjustment for faster Wi-Fi
- Market Region Enabler Included
- Ad Away Open Source Ad Blocking
- Blocked standard ads with hostfile modification
- Viable 0-100% Battery percentage display
- APEX Launcher for reliability
- Fully Root
- Google Apps Included (Market & More)
- Modified Version of YouTube Included
- Status hidebar Settings->Display->Hide status bar
- ES file explorer implemented
- Play Store compatibility fix
- Setup Wizard created.
- Face Unlock added
- QuickPic instead of Gallery application
- Flash Acceleration AMLogic
- Netflix working as of this post!
How to install
Method 1: Built in 3e Recovery
- Copy the ROM zipfile to your MicroSD Card or Extract Contents to MicroSD
- Power off the Elf II and remove any usb or chargers
- Press and hold Power button & the Volume down button at the same time. Hold for approx 6-10 sec then release.
- In the Ainol ELF 2 3e recovery you can move with the Volume down button, you can select with Power or Volume up
- Select apply update from sdcard
- Select light-elf-rom-file.zip
- Wait for the update to alert you that install has finished
- (Optional) Wipe/Data**
- (Optional) Install ROM once again**
- Reboot the system
- Enjoy the ROM!
** Some say a double flash helps with issues, so I included it in the notes, I claim urban legend to this however if it makes you feel better go ahead.
Download password is golight
Google Maps update brings enhanced voice controls and elevation information for bicycling
Google Maps users (that should be just about everyone) will...
- Posted July 18, 2014
First Amazon Kindle Fire Phone commercial airs, forgets to show off a single cool hardware feature [VIDEO]
Amazon and AT&T are busy gearing up for the release...
Mysterious Motorola battery cover leaked with Kevlar material and 2 large holes – could it be the Moto X+1?
The folks at HellomotoHK stumbled upon a mysterious batter cover...
Google posts Q2 2014 earnings report: $15.96 billion in revenue, 22% increase from previous year
Ahead of their Q2 2014 earnings call, Google has issued...
This could be our first look at the upcoming NVIDIA Shield Tablet [LEAK]
After the rumored nvidia Shield Tablet appeared in a Global...
Pressy app update brings new triggers and fixes more bugs
A new update for Pressy has just arrived over at...
Android Wear watch face API is on the way, developers urged to hold off until then
We’ve already seen tons of great watch faces for Android...